Effective date: 05 March 2019
At Quicklink Media Limited (trading as “Menoo”) your privacy is of utmost importance to us and we are committed to protecting and respecting your personal information.
In compliance with the (UK) General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, the ‘Data Controller’ in relation to the Menoo service (herein referred to as the “Service”) is Quicklink Media Limited (Company No. 9670603) of 37 Elmcroft Crescent, London, HA2 6HL.
The terms “we”, “us”, “our” and “Menoo” refer to Quicklink Media Limited. This policy, together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it, describes our policies how we obtain, process, store, share and disclose personal information about you in connection with your use of our Service offered through our website, emails, and mobile applications referred to as Menoo.
What information do we collect from you?
Quicklink Media Limited (Menoo) collects several types of information from and about users of our Services, including:
- Your Personal Information: Personal Information is the information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person from that data. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and your usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, and/or;
- Automatically as you navigate through our Services (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies).
As an online visitor of the Website www.menoo.co.uk there are many actions you will engage in where we do not take any personal information from you.
However, when you interact with us through registering to use the Menoo App or voluntarily provide us with information through our Website or telephone, such as if you contact us with enquiries about any service(s) we provide, we may then need to obtain and process personal information about you.
Depending on the Service you use or select, we shall request the following personal information from you:
- Information that you provide at the time of registering to request a free information pack, book a demo, use our Website, use our mobile applications, subscribe to our service, post material or request further services via Menoo or Menoo Dashboard (the “Apps”). This includes unique identifiers, such as your name, date of birth, gender, telephone number and email address, and if you are one of our Clients, this shall include information about your business/trade, your products or services that you offer and any other information which falls under “Client Content” as defined within our Business Terms of Service;
- Information that you provide by signing up for mailing lists on www.menoo.co.uk;
- Information when you report a problem with the Menoo Apps, the Menoo Website or the Menoo Platform. If you contact us with such, we may keep a record of that interaction for our training and monitoring purposes;
- Information when you subscribe to our newsletter or enter a competition or promotion we may run through our App, Website, Social Media or Platform;
- Transactional information should you engage in any aspect of our Service which requires you to provide any form of payment in exchange for any of the services/goods. Where applicable, this information will include your credit/debit and billing address(es) to enable us to process such payments;
- Log data which means that when you browse the Website or login to use the App, our servers may automatically record information that your web-browser or App may send. This log data may include your traffic data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- Information about your smartphone, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to aggregate information to our partners. This is anonymous technical data about usage actions and patterns and will not divulge any data capable of identifying you personally.
What about Cookies?
Cookies and other tracking information can help to customise the Website for visitors and are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Website, and understanding how visitors use the Website, and build up a demographic profile.
There are three types of cookies:
1. Website functionality cookies
These cookies enable you to browse the Website and use our features such as using a registered account.
2. Website analytics cookies
We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our visitors use the Website. This allows us to continuously improve our Website.
3. Customer preference cookies
When browsing, the Website will remember the preferences you make (i.e. login, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and customised to you.
Personal information cannot be collected via cookies or other tracking technology. However, if you have previously provided personal identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
How do we use your information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide and improve the content and features of our Services, and personalise our content according to your interests and preferences.
- To notify you about changes to our Service or respond to any communication or request from you;
- To monitor the use of the App, the Website, Social Media or the Platform;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and our merchants (or us), including for billing and collection;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To send you marketing updates, newsletters or any other marketing materials, including information about products, services, promotions, news and events of Menoo and, where applicable other companies. However, this is only ever in accordance with your preferences, and should you wish to stop receiving these updates, you have an option to email your preferences to us to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- To carry out internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our Service to meet customer needs.
- To investigate any complaints or potential breaches of the Service, including but not limited to any breach of our Terms of Service; and for debt tracing, debt recovery, credit management and crime, fraud and money laundering detection and prevention investigating.
For any other purpose with your express consent.
Who do we disclose your information to?
Menoo seeks to ensure full transparency about who your personal information may be shared with. We believe that respecting your confidentiality is integral in maintaining our relationship with you. However, there are certain circumstances in which it may be necessary to disclose personal information about to, as follows:
- To any suppliers and subcontractors in order to fulfil the Service, such as credit card processing services, order fulfilment, analytics, website management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, auditing, and other similar services, we may share some of your personal information to such third-party but only that which is limited to perform their specific function and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose;
- If you are one of our business Clients, disclosure of any Client Content submitted, posted and displayed via our App, Website and any other means is a necessary requisite in order to facilitate your engagement with us and use of the Service;
- Should Quicklink Media (Menoo) sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If the company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- Where there is a legal obligation to do so, to any relevant credit reference agencies, public authorities or law enforcement agencies, including for example where we suspect you have committed a criminal offence, or we suspect fraud where required by law, regulation or legal proceedings;
- In the good faith belief, if we feel that disclosure of your personal information is necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of QuickLink Media Limited (Menoo), or to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of the User(s) of the Service or the public. In any such event, where elect to disclose any of your personal information to a third-party, this is done on a strictly case-by-case basis to ensure we comply with UK Data Protection legislation;
- To permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and they may contact you about these by email or telephone. This may also include social media platforms (including Facebook) where we provide limited information about our users (e.g. their email addresses) to the social media platform so they can provide to us an anonymous demographic profile of our users with profiles on that platform to inform our targeted marketing activities on that platform If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form or webpage on which we collect your data. Your interactions with social media companies, however, are solely and exclusively governed by their privacy policies and we suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third-party services;
- Where you have logged into Menoo using a third-party service, such as your Google Account, we may receive information about you from such third-party service. If you post content to a third-party service through this Service, that third-party service will also receive that content, which will be visible to anyone that has access to it through that third-party service;
- We may also share your information in any other circumstances where we have your express consent.
Where do we store and safeguard your personal data?
- We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorised access to your information and to maintain data security. These safeguards aim to protect the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process and store and the current state of technology of your personal information that is submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. All information that you provide to us via the app, website and through any other means is stored on our secured servers;
- This can only be accessed by limited personnel of Quicklink Media Limited (Menoo) to supply you with the above Service. It may also be made accessible to staff and subcontractors outside our offices who work with us to assist in providing the Service to you. In each case, we will ensure that these third- parties are only provided with access of your personal information, where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, since we may not have the capabilities to provide these services ourselves;
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff or subcontractors operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers to assist us in providing the Service to you;
- Should you engage in any aspect of our Service which requires you to provide any form of payment in exchange for any of the services/goods, we do not share your credit/debit card information to third-parties. We do not store your payment or credit/debit card information on our internal servers, nor are they stored in physical form. We use a secured third-party service to process payments. When taking payments, we encrypt your payment information via secure socket layer protection (SSL) to protect it from unauthorised use;
We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorised third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You also play an important role in keeping your personal information secure.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet, e-mail or data storage system can be guaranteed to be fully secure and error-free. Although we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the App, Website or that is stored by us.
Please note that email is not encrypted and is NOT a secure means of transmitting credit or debit card information. We will NEVER request sensitive information over email.
How long will we retain your data for?
This means that the retention periods will vary according to the type of the data and the reason that we have the data in the first place. For example, some transaction data will be kept for a number of years in order to comply with various finance and tax related legal obligations.
Other transaction data may be kept for a different period because it is in our legitimate interests to do so in order to provide appropriate customer service.
Can I delete my account?
Can I access and change the information that Menoo holds about me?
You have the legal right to make a Subject Access Request to us to retrieve the personal information we hold about you. This may be subject to a small administrative fee to enable us to respond to your request promptly, within the prescribed 30 days from the date of validation of your request.
You may also ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. In addition, you further have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
We hope you will be happy with the way we handle your information, but if not, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner. For more information visit www.ico.gov.uk
How can you contact us?